Michael Schumacher: The End.

Gestart door FerrariMan, 10 september 2006 - 16:01:21

« vorige - volgende »

Ferrari 2010

Citaat van: 0634 op 02 december 2006 - 19:57:29
Citaat van: Schumi till infinity op 02 december 2006 - 18:29:25
Citaat van: 0634 op 01 december 2006 - 20:38:53
Citaat van: FerrariMan op 29 november 2006 - 10:16:43
Spijtig dat dit soort dingen nooit tijdens een seizoen gezegd worden, het zou een heel ander licht werpen.

Overigens begrijp ik de reacties van MS in 94 en FA dit jaar ook heel goed. In beide gevallen waren het zware straffen voor milde vergrijpen, voor zover ze uberhaupt in de fout zijn gegaan. Het lijkt er inderdaad soms op of de FIA de spanning in een titelstrijd wil houden. Dit lijkt mij niet de manier.
94 dara was ik bij dus kan ik niets over zeggen, maar dit jaar waren sommige straffen toch echt wel terecht hoor. Bijvoorbeeld die voor het hinderen van Doornbos tijdens de tests. Daar had de straf veel hoger moeten zijn, 1 seconde voor zoiets, en voor inhalen onder rood krijg je er dan 2, belachelijk. Ik ben het met je eens dat de straffen zelden in verhouding waren met wat er gebeurd was, maar de zwaarste straffen die FA heeft gehad waren toich echt wel terecht hoor.

Tja, je kan er allerlei incidenten bijhalen maar het ging over het al dan niet hinderen van Massa in de kwalificatie.
Die bestraffing is inderdaad betwistbaar, maarja... Die straf zal er toch ook niet gekomen zijn zonder het voorleggen van voldoende data hé?
Quiznet.eu - Test je kennis over Formule 1 en andere onderwerpen met een quiz!.

scho0634

Citaat van: Schumi till infinity op 05 december 2006 - 18:43:15
Citaat van: 0634 op 02 december 2006 - 19:57:29
Citaat van: Schumi till infinity op 02 december 2006 - 18:29:25
Citaat van: 0634 op 01 december 2006 - 20:38:53
Citaat van: FerrariMan op 29 november 2006 - 10:16:43
Spijtig dat dit soort dingen nooit tijdens een seizoen gezegd worden, het zou een heel ander licht werpen.

Overigens begrijp ik de reacties van MS in 94 en FA dit jaar ook heel goed. In beide gevallen waren het zware straffen voor milde vergrijpen, voor zover ze uberhaupt in de fout zijn gegaan. Het lijkt er inderdaad soms op of de FIA de spanning in een titelstrijd wil houden. Dit lijkt mij niet de manier.
94 dara was ik bij dus kan ik niets over zeggen, maar dit jaar waren sommige straffen toch echt wel terecht hoor. Bijvoorbeeld die voor het hinderen van Doornbos tijdens de tests. Daar had de straf veel hoger moeten zijn, 1 seconde voor zoiets, en voor inhalen onder rood krijg je er dan 2, bela

chelijk. Ik ben het met je eens dat de straffen zelden in verhouding waren met wat er gebeurd was, maar de zwaarste straffen die FA heeft gehad waren toich echt wel terecht hoor.

Tja, je kan er allerlei incidenten bijhalen maar het ging over het al dan niet hinderen van Massa in de kwalificatie.
Die bestraffing is inderdaad betwistbaar, maarja... Die straf zal er toch ook niet gekomen zijn zonder het voorleggen van voldoende data hé?

Tja, jij zegt het. Die discussie is hier vaak gevoerd. De straf was echter erg zwaar. Net als het zwarte vlag incident met Schumi in Silverstone. Puur letterlijk kijkend naar de regels zal de FIA wel gelijk hebben gehad, maar de straf stond in geen verhouding tot het vergrijp. Net als Alonso die zogenaamd Massa opzettelijk hindert op 100 meter afstand. Maar ja dat is allemaal oude koeien uit de sloot halen. Maar soms vraag ik me af of de FIA het WK kunstmatig spannend wil houden.

KVDracer

Hij heeft iets na zijn afscheid in brazilie een biografie uitgebracht. Weet er soms iemand of deze in het Engels en heel misschien in het Nederlands te verkrijgen is?

Jasper

Ik denk niet dat er al een Nederlandstalige versie is, de Engelse is zeker te verkrijgen op GPworld.

meatball

When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat

KVDracer

Citaat van: Jasper op 09 januari 2007 - 21:41:17
Ik denk niet dat er al een Nederlandstalige versie is, de Engelse is zeker te verkrijgen op GPworld.

Hey, ik heb al zitten zoeken, maar weet je soms de juiste titel over zijn biografie?

janke

Ik zal hem niet missen, maar hij heeft Ferrari gebracht waar ze nu zijn, een groot kampioen dat zeker, maar ben nooit fan van hem geweest.En wens hem het alle beste.
Some things are too important to be left in the past.

meatball

Citaat van: janke op 07 maart 2007 - 18:27:01
Ik zal hem niet missen, maar hij heeft Ferrari gebracht waar ze nu zijn, een groot kampioen dat zeker, maar ben nooit fan van hem geweest.En wens hem het alle beste.
ik wel vrees ik elke race opnieuw hij gaf de f1 fans toch echt prachtige momenten autosport

FerrariMan

CitaatThe legions of Michael Schumacher's German fans have been going through a painful withdrawal process since the seven-times world champion retired in October.

Four new books about Schumacher published since their hero hung up his Ferrari crash helmet after a scintillating final drive in Brazil at the end of the 2006 season are making the transition to the post-Schumi era a bit less painful.

While many of the details of his 16-year Formula One career, record-setting seven championships and 91 Grand Prix wins are well known, the books nevertheless offer illuminating insights about Schumacher and his decision to go out as one of the best.

"I kept having to push myself to tests or appointments that I didn't really want to be going to any more," Schumacher reveals with unusual candour in "Michael Schumacher" by Sabine Kehm about his flagging interest in 2006.

The book by Kehm, his press spokeswoman and confidant for eight years, is easily the best of the bunch.

The three others are: "Michael Schumacher - The end of an era" by Karin Sturm; "King Schumi - His Life, His Victories, His Tears" by Helmut Uhl; and "Thanks Schumi! The Michael Schumacher Story" by Willy Knupp.

While pictures and behind-the-scenes images are a central element of all four books Kehm's fascinating narrative is hard to put down.

"I'm not talking about the races or the race weekend work. I'm talking about all the other stuff...the everyday work," Schumacher tells Kehm, explaining in depth his growing fatigue and the origins of his decision to quit last year at 37.

BORING TRAINING

"I always had to go all out in testing. That's the only way to make progress. But going to the limit all the time begins to erode your strength.

"After Bahrain, Malaysia and Australia, I started asking myself how I had managed to keep it up in all the years in the past. I often counted the minutes until I could go home. I don't know if that's the normal wear and tear but tests all year long really wore me down. I was exhausted, more so than in the past."

He said that he realised he "didn't have the motivation any more" for all the preparations needed and bemoaned "training methods that bore you to death".

Schumacher revealed he began leaning towards quitting just before the first 2006 race in Bahrain -- after equalling Ayrton Senna's record of 65 pole positions.

"I always got very emotional when confronted with the history of Ayrton," said Schumacher. "Obviously you don't want to admit that and you try to hide your emotions so you don't show the others you're vulnerable.

"But it happened and I knew we would have a good season, and I had the feeling that now would be a good point to retire. After that it felt more and more like the right decision."

Schumacher said he told Ferrari team manager Jean Todt after Bahrain that he wanted to quit. He said Todt accepted it but told him to think about it for a while. Later, Ferrari said the announcement had to wait until September.

"I personally would have preferred to have announced it sooner, but Ferrari traditionally does that sort of thing at Monza," he said. "I didn't have any problem with that...At least I wouldn't have to keep saying ridiculous things or evade questions."

GRUFF COOLNESS

Schumacher said he was glad he stepped out while journalists and fans were "still asking 'But why now?' rather than 'Why is he still driving? He's too old and too slow'." In the end he was surprised how easy it was to tell the world he was quitting.

Kehm portrays Schumacher as a sensitive and shy man. She said his awkward attempts early in his career to conceal and overcome his aversion to the spotlight with a "gruff coolness" made him appear "pig-headed, aggressive, and unfriendly".

"Every time he's appears in public he has to overcome his inner self," she writes. "He's reserved and never wants to be at the centre of attention. But he also doesn't want anyone to notice his lack of confidence."

Kehm said Schumacher always struggled with fan adulation and recalls how upset he was when a small boy burst into tears as he was about to get an autograph. Kehm said Schumacher was "deeply shaken", stroked the boy's hair quickly and ran back to his trailer to sit down and regain his composure.

"It hurt him when people called him a machine, a robot or a computer even though he would never admit it," she wrote. "He's in essence a sensitive...and introverted man."

The books by Uhl and Knupp are fact-filled tributes for adoring fans. Uhl has come up with some interesting statistics:

Schumacher spent a total of 5.6 years on the road, away from his family, testing, racing and at sponsor events. He drove 361,500 kilometres in Formula One cars in tests and races, burning 252,000 litres of fuel and 15,800 tyres.

Ik moet dringend die boek kopen...maar waar!!

KVDracer

Citaat van: FerrariMan op 14 maart 2007 - 16:20:39
CitaatThe legions of Michael Schumacher's German fans have been going through a painful withdrawal process since the seven-times world champion retired in October.

Four new books about Schumacher published since their hero hung up his Ferrari crash helmet after a scintillating final drive in Brazil at the end of the 2006 season are making the transition to the post-Schumi era a bit less painful.

While many of the details of his 16-year Formula One career, record-setting seven championships and 91 Grand Prix wins are well known, the books nevertheless offer illuminating insights about Schumacher and his decision to go out as one of the best.

"I kept having to push myself to tests or appointments that I didn't really want to be going to any more," Schumacher reveals with unusual candour in "Michael Schumacher" by Sabine Kehm about his flagging interest in 2006.

The book by Kehm, his press spokeswoman and confidant for eight years, is easily the best of the bunch.

The three others are: "Michael Schumacher - The end of an era" by Karin Sturm; "King Schumi - His Life, His Victories, His Tears" by Helmut Uhl; and "Thanks Schumi! The Michael Schumacher Story" by Willy Knupp.

While pictures and behind-the-scenes images are a central element of all four books Kehm's fascinating narrative is hard to put down.

"I'm not talking about the races or the race weekend work. I'm talking about all the other stuff...the everyday work," Schumacher tells Kehm, explaining in depth his growing fatigue and the origins of his decision to quit last year at 37.

BORING TRAINING

"I always had to go all out in testing. That's the only way to make progress. But going to the limit all the time begins to erode your strength.

"After Bahrain, Malaysia and Australia, I started asking myself how I had managed to keep it up in all the years in the past. I often counted the minutes until I could go home. I don't know if that's the normal wear and tear but tests all year long really wore me down. I was exhausted, more so than in the past."

He said that he realised he "didn't have the motivation any more" for all the preparations needed and bemoaned "training methods that bore you to death".

Schumacher revealed he began leaning towards quitting just before the first 2006 race in Bahrain -- after equalling Ayrton Senna's record of 65 pole positions.

"I always got very emotional when confronted with the history of Ayrton," said Schumacher. "Obviously you don't want to admit that and you try to hide your emotions so you don't show the others you're vulnerable.

"But it happened and I knew we would have a good season, and I had the feeling that now would be a good point to retire. After that it felt more and more like the right decision."

Schumacher said he told Ferrari team manager Jean Todt after Bahrain that he wanted to quit. He said Todt accepted it but told him to think about it for a while. Later, Ferrari said the announcement had to wait until September.

"I personally would have preferred to have announced it sooner, but Ferrari traditionally does that sort of thing at Monza," he said. "I didn't have any problem with that...At least I wouldn't have to keep saying ridiculous things or evade questions."

GRUFF COOLNESS

Schumacher said he was glad he stepped out while journalists and fans were "still asking 'But why now?' rather than 'Why is he still driving? He's too old and too slow'." In the end he was surprised how easy it was to tell the world he was quitting.

Kehm portrays Schumacher as a sensitive and shy man. She said his awkward attempts early in his career to conceal and overcome his aversion to the spotlight with a "gruff coolness" made him appear "pig-headed, aggressive, and unfriendly".

"Every time he's appears in public he has to overcome his inner self," she writes. "He's reserved and never wants to be at the centre of attention. But he also doesn't want anyone to notice his lack of confidence."

Kehm said Schumacher always struggled with fan adulation and recalls how upset he was when a small boy burst into tears as he was about to get an autograph. Kehm said Schumacher was "deeply shaken", stroked the boy's hair quickly and ran back to his trailer to sit down and regain his composure.

"It hurt him when people called him a machine, a robot or a computer even though he would never admit it," she wrote. "He's in essence a sensitive...and introverted man."

The books by Uhl and Knupp are fact-filled tributes for adoring fans. Uhl has come up with some interesting statistics:

Schumacher spent a total of 5.6 years on the road, away from his family, testing, racing and at sponsor events. He drove 361,500 kilometres in Formula One cars in tests and races, burning 252,000 litres of fuel and 15,800 tyres.

Ik moet dringend die boek kopen...maar waar!!

Dat vraag ik me ook af, ik heb overal gezocht, maar nog nergens gevonden. Ik weet ook niet of het al in een andere taal dan Duits is uitgekomen. Maar als je het vind, laat het hier dan weten, als je wilt.

f1columns.nl

Citaat van: meatball op 08 maart 2007 - 20:36:41
ik wel vrees ik elke race opnieuw hij gaf de f1 fans toch echt prachtige momenten autosport

en momenten van schaamte! dat een groot kampioen zich van tijd tot tijd verlaagd tot oneerlijk spel heeft me altijd vervuld met afschuw van de man! niemand rept van de recordlijst die hij aanvoerd waar de lange reeks incidenten op staat waarvan MS deel uitmaakte. illegale brandstof en bodemplaat bij Benetton, illegale bargeboards, flexwings voor en achter, bewegende bodemplaten, allemaal bij Ferrari. Kwalificatie incident Monaco '06, Villeneuve en Hill in de jaren 90, Herbert met 300+ van de baan geramt in de vangrail op het rechte stuk en zo nog wel een paar!

een begeadigd coureur die zich met zijn talent niet had moeten en hoeven verlagen tot dit soort zielige acties en die daarom nooit op mijn respect heeft mogen rekenen.

ik zal m niet missen, ook zijn prachtige acties niet, want die werden overschaduwd door de reeks illegaliteiten die hij in zijn lange carriere beging.
ik wens m evengoed t beste, maar wat mij betreft graag buiten F1. ga lekker karten met Jos Verstappen en val mij als fan niet meer lastig...
Met sportieve groet,
webmaster @ f1columns.nl

meatball

Citaat van: f1columns.nl op 01 april 2007 - 01:14:44
Citaat van: meatball op 08 maart 2007 - 20:36:41

en momenten van schaamte! dat een groot kampioen zich van tijd tot tijd verlaagd tot oneerlijk spel heeft me altijd vervuld met afschuw van de man! niemand rept van de recordlijst die hij aanvoerd waar de lange reeks incidenten op staat waarvan MS deel uitmaakte. illegale brandstof en bodemplaat bij Benetton, illegale bargeboards, flexwings voor en achter, bewegende bodemplaten, allemaal bij Ferrari. Kwalificatie incident Monaco '06, Villeneuve en Hill in de jaren 90, Herbert met 300+ van de baan geramt in de vangrail op het rechte stuk en zo nog wel een paar!

een begeadigd coureur die zich met zijn talent niet had moeten en hoeven verlagen tot dit soort zielige acties en die daarom nooit op mijn respect heeft mogen rekenen.

ik zal m niet missen, ook zijn prachtige acties niet, want die werden overschaduwd door de reeks illegaliteiten die hij in zijn lange carriere beging.
ik wens m evengoed t beste, maar wat mij betreft graag buiten F1. ga lekker karten met Jos Verstappen en val mij als fan niet meer lastig...
Nederlanders en Duitsers dat komt ook echt niet meer goed denk ik he?
Schumacher is en blijft de grootste ooit en elke grote kampioen in welke sport dan ook moet een beetje slecht karakter hebben.
Een brave jongen is mischien tof als vriend,maar om het echt te maken in de f1 zal je altijd meer vijanden dan vrienden op de baan hebben.
Dus als je een sport wil bekijken met aleen toffe vriendelijk jongens ga dan naar korfbal ;)

The REAL BUTTON Freak

Schumacher is nooit een schatje op de baan geweest, maar juist dat maakt hem tot de grootste van zijn tijd.

Iemand die leeft en gaat voor zen sport, geen genoegen neemt met 2de plaatsen.

En als het dan toch over vuil spel gaat, hoeveel voetbalploegen worden geen kampioen, wereldkampioen,... door de juiste mensen van het plein te stampen?

Elke super coureur een Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Lauda, Alonso (met pijn in het hart),... hebben hun controversiéle moves.

Wat we wel opvalt is dat Schumacher na Silverstone 99, sportiever is gaan rijden en als persoon veel sympthieker is geworden.

scho0634

Citaat van: The REAL Freak op 01 april 2007 - 09:59:26

Wat we wel opvalt is dat Schumacher na Silverstone 99, sportiever is gaan rijden en als persoon veel sympthieker is geworden.

Dat is me dan niet opgevallen.  ;)

f1columns.nl

hahaha, mij ook niet opgevallen dat ie sportiever is geworden. zoals MS nu functioneerd kan ik m wel pruimen, af en toe in een reclame voor Fiat, maar dan kan ik tenminste wegzappen.

het is inderdaad wel waar dat de meeste kampioenen controversiele acties niet schuwen, maar MS heeft t wel heel bont gemaakt. maar goed, mijn mening is duidelijk. en ik moet inderdaad toegeven dat ederlanders en Duitsers nog steeds niet echt goed bevriend zijn, al hebben Verstappen en MS wel een warme band onderhouden. maar ja Verstappen is mijn vriend ook niet, dus dat verklaard het weer.  ;)
Met sportieve groet,
webmaster @ f1columns.nl