Crash Alonso Catalunya topic

Gestart door Sabai, 27 februari 2015 - 16:28:39

« vorige - volgende »

Matthijs

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/03/26/steering-not-wind-caused-crash-alonso/

Hehe, eindelijk duidelijkheid. De crash werd dus niet veroorzaakt door de wind, maar wel degelijk door een technisch mankement. Niet elektrisch, maar aan het stuur.

En de verhalen dat Alonso wakker werd in 1995 en Italiaans sprak kunnen ook in de prullenbak.

FolkertE

Maasrrrr de grote vraag: is dat waar?

Matthijs

Nou, het is een heel ander verhaal dan McLaren heeft opgehangen, dus wellicht wel scheve gezichten bij Ron Dennis?

Jehoentelaar

Duidelijkheid? Eerste zin van het artikel:

CitaatFernando Alonso says he suspects a problem on his McLaren's steering caused his crash during testing, rather than a gust of wind.

Perton

Autosport heeft het dan weer over:

Fernando Alonso is certain his McLaren Formula 1 car's steering "locked" in his Barcelona test crash and dismissed suggestions he cannot remember the accident or that wind was a factor.

Dat lijkt me ook beter overeenkomen met de quotes:

"There was a lot of attention on that day and probably the first answers the team and my manager had was some guess.

"But you cannot say anything for three or four days until I remember. That would have become even worse. They said the theory of the wind but obviously it was not a help.

"We had a steering problem in the middle of Turn 3. It locked to the right, I approached the wall, I braked at the last moment, I downshifted from fifth to third."

Jehoentelaar

Ahja, dan klinkt het wel aardig plausibel. Niet dat alles ineens helemaal duidelijk is, maar het neigt wel die kant op.