François Cévert

Gestart door Doefie, 11 januari 2008 - 05:20:11

« vorige - volgende »

Doefie

Et c'est fini. Nog even en het is leesbaar op de website ;) (weeral toestemming vragen voor foto...).
Het verhaal van een man wiens dood voorspeld werd jaren voordien... creepy, zo om vier à vijf uur snachts ;D

Kleine voorbeschouwing:
Nederland 1970 - http://www.schlegelmilch.com/archive/images/1970/NL/previews/70NL-T21-333.jpg (met Jacky Stewart)
Engeland 1972 - http://www.schlegelmilch.com/archive/images/1972/GB/previews/72GB-T21-335.jpg
Spanje 1973 - http://www.schlegelmilch.com/archive/images/1973/ES/previews/73ES-T21-265.jpg (met links Ken Tyrrell en rechts Jacky Stewart)
Frankrijk 1973 - http://www.schlegelmilch.com/archive/images/1973/FR/previews/73FR-T21-332.jpg
Nederland 1973 - http://www.schlegelmilch.com/archive/images/1973/NL/previews/73NL-B148.jpg

En een conversatie die ik op het forum van Autosport gevonden heb:
CitaatLast Sunday I was driving through the south Loire Valley and seeing I was going to pass not too far from the little village of Vaudelnay I decided to try my luck at finding François Cevert's grave . When I came to the graveyard, the place was deserted except from an old man seemingly meaninglessly wandering among the graves, despite the bitterly cold weather. I missed François' grave first time round, I actually spotted first the grave of his father, which read " Charles Goldenberg 1901-1985" . I then looked for a gravestone of a similar kind, and found it a few meters away. François' name is rather discreetly written on the side, alongside other names of his family . I only later notice the sculpture of François' face , fixed on the graveyard wall above the gravestone...

I paid my respects and then proceeded to take a few pictures . And then I realised the old man was standing close to me . "Ah, mister, you should have told me what you were looking for. You see, I was the caretaker for this place for over twenty years, and I've been retired for twenty more years now, but I was still in charge when he was buried.....ah, mister, you should have seen this place that day.....all over there , and all over there, more flowers than I've seen in my all life...." . "Well, I was 16 years old when François died, I told the old man, and he was my youth hero . Did you know him ? " . " But of course, I'd known him since he was a little kid, that tall, he was spending all his holydays at his grandparents which were the closest neighbours to my parents...." "And this is his father's grave over there , am I correct ? " "Yes, and his mother's too. Her name hasn't been engraved yet . And the empty space besides, it's been reserved for François' sister and his brother in law.....what's his name, there...he was a racing driver too .." " Jean-Pierre Beltoise ? " I said . " Yes, that's the name....he bought the space to be buried here". We spoke a little more and then I thanked the old man and said goodbye, and he told me " I just knew what you were coming for when I saw you . When I see someome who's not from the village, I know what they come for ..." "Does that happen often ?". " Oh yes, it happens, at least a couple of times every week....."

Zelfs nu eert men de Fransman nog :)

Jasper

Hé jij bent ook nog wakker! :P

Edit: sorry voor deze schaamteloze off-topicreactie. Ik hou me niet zo veel bezig met de geschiedenis van de F1, maar François Cevert is een naam die zelfs tot mijn verbeelding spreekt. Veel te jong gestorven. :(

Doefie

Het "leukste" (niet bedoeld in de zin van leuk) aan het verhaal van Cévert was dat zijn dood voorspeld was.

janke

Klopt, maar in de Tyrrell kon hij gasgeven. Zeker net zo'n iemand als Bellof.
Some things are too important to be left in the past.

supersteven

hij was niet alleen groot coureur maar ook veel te mooi voor f1
let the sunshine shine in your heart

janke

Some things are too important to be left in the past.

scho0634

Inderdaad supersteven: leg uit.

supersteven

omdat hij zo schoon is dat Jackie Stewart heeft gezegd dat als hij er nog ietsje pietsje beter uitzag hij niet meer serieus zou worden genomen als f1 coureur.

En als hij wereldkampioen zou worden zou hij geen rust meer krijgen van de vrouwkes.

maar het mocht niet zijn spijtig genoeg
let the sunshine shine in your heart

Doefie

Voila, het verhaal van Cévert staat online ;)

Wel zonder fotos, want de aanvraag om fotos te gebruiken van Schlegelmilch is (weeral  ::)) nooit beantwoord geweest...

amp

goed verhaal, aangenaam om te lezen, meer van dat doefie !  ;)

Jasper

Al die waarzeggerij is wel een beetje... nuja. :)

Doefie

Ferrari 2010

Sja, maar achteraf kan je veel zeggen hé. Ik wil het allemaal wel geloven, maar als ze het nu vooraf hadden bekend gemaakt, had het geloofdwaardiger geweest hé...
Quiznet.eu - Test je kennis over Formule 1 en andere onderwerpen met een quiz!.

Schumivill

Toch bedankt voor het verhaal Doefie,was leuk om lezen.
Kleine bijdrage,zelf geupload op imageshack uit mijn collectie,dat mag wel zeker?

Francorchamps:'96,'00,'01,'02,'04,'05,'08,'15,'16,'17
Hockenheim: '03
Nurburgring: '06,'07,'09
Barcelona: '10,'11,'12
Boedapest: '13,'14,'17
Montreal: '14
Monza: '18

Jasper

Citaat van: Ferrari 2008 op 14 januari 2008 - 17:30:22
Sja, maar achteraf kan je veel zeggen hé.
My thoughts exactly. Leuk verhaaltje maar om het nu te gaan geloven? :)