Michael Schumacher: The End.

Gestart door FerrariMan, 10 september 2006 - 16:01:21

« vorige - volgende »

meatball

Citaat van: f1columns.nl op 14 april 2007 - 22:36:38
Citaat van: FerrariMan op 13 april 2007 - 16:38:01
Ik daarentegen merk dat er nog maar weinig passie voor de F1 over is. Noch Kimi noch Massa weten me op dit moment te bekoren...

Lewis daarentegen...

Lewis for Champion en Ferrari met lege handen sit jaar...
En dan volgend seizoen naar het enige team dat echte f1 passie oproept ferrari :)
When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat

scho0634

Citaat van: meatball op 14 april 2007 - 22:40:08
En dan volgend seizoen naar het enige team dat echte f1 passie oproept ferrari :)
[/quote]

Speak for yourself ;)

meatball

Citaat van: 0634 op 14 april 2007 - 22:46:18
Citaat van: meatball op 14 april 2007 - 22:40:08

Speak for yourself ;)
[/quote]
doe ik altijd :)

meatball

FerrariMan

CitaatRon Dennis opens up about Schu talks
Monday, 23, April, 2007, 13:00

McLaren boss Ron Dennis has revealed just how close he came to luring Michael Schumacher away from Ferrari at the end of the 1990s.

Schumacher was repeatedly linked with McLaren before his run of championships with Ferrari began, and in an interview published in this month's F1 Racing magazine (on sale tomorrow), Dennis has admitted that only 'peripheral financial issues' prevented a deal going ahead.

"He and I met in Monte Carlo quite a few years ago, specifically to discuss the possibility of his joining the team," said Dennis.

"That meeting followed an informal chat we'd had at the Log Cabin (at Suzuka).

"I can't remember, off the top of my head, but I'd say (it was in) 1998, 1999 or 2000."

Dennis said that Schumacher would have been happy to work with McLaren - and with the salary it offered.

"Clearly, neither his ability as a driver, nor our quality as a team, was an issue," he said.

"The size of his retainer wasn't an issue, either.

"The issue was more what I'd call peripheral financial issues."

When asked if this related to personal sponsorship deals such as logos on caps, which Ferrari allowed Schumacher to sell himself, Dennis replied: "Yes, things like that."

He insisted that he did not regret failing to do a deal with the man who went on to win five consecutive titles for Ferrari in 2000-2004.

"I guess perhaps some things just aren't meant to be," Dennis said.

"There are lots of things in life that you can look back on - if you're minded to - and say, 'If only...', but I don't like to do that because I don't think it's a particularly productive way of thinking."